Quick Airline Information:

✈Airline IATA* code: TR
✈Airline ICAO* code: TGW 
✈Founded: 1 November 2011 
✈Website: www.flyscoot.com
Operations and Destinations 🌍
Fleet ✈️
Photo Slide 📷
Airline reviews 
*IATA: (International Air Transport Association)
*ICAO: (International Civil Aviation Organization)

History Menu:

✈Airline Beginnings

In May 2011, Singapore Airlines announced its intention to establish a low-cost subsidiary airline for medium and long-haul routes. On 1 November 2011, the airline was named "Scoot". On 4 June 2012, Scoot began its first flight from Singapore to Sydney Airport in Australia, and later to Gold Coast, its second Australian destination, the first aircraft were Boeing 777-200 transferred from Singapore Airlines. On 24 October 2012, Scoot announced that its parent company Singapore Airlines would be transferring the 20 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners they had ordered to Scoot to replace their current fleet of Boeing 777-200 aircraft and help with its ongoing expansion and future growth. On 26 October 2012, Scoot announced an agreement with Tigerair to interline tickets between the two airlines.

On 31 January 2013, Scoot announced it would increase its fleet by taking delivery of a fifth Boeing 777-200 by the end of May or early June, to add two or three more routes to the network. On 21 March 2013, Scoot announced that it would launch a thrice-weekly Singapore-Taipei-Seoul., starting June 2013. Later that December, Scoot commenced its five-weekly flights from Singapore to Perth.

Scoot started flying in June 2012 with Boeing 77-200 aircraft. (Photo:Airliners.net)
✈Expansion and Development

Scoot introduced the B787-9 on the Sydney, Perth and Hong Kong routes from February 2015. Bangkokand Gold Coast would follow in late April. It also expanded to China flying to Tianjin Binhai, Shenyang and Qingdao. On 16 December 2014, Scoot announced its new long haul carrier in Thailand, NokScoot, a joint venture between Scoot and Nok Air. The new airline started commercial flights from Bangkok's Don Mueang airport in the second half of 2014. Nok Air owns 51% of NokScoot while Scoot takes the remaining 49%.

As Scoot continues to take deliveries of the Boeing 787, the airline has phased out all six of its aging Boeing 777.  On 15 October 2015, Singapore Airlines announced that Scoot would replace its existing Singapore to Jeddah service via Dubai and launch direct services between Singapore and Jeddah.  On 16 May 2016, Scoot joined the world's largest low-cost carrier alliance, Value Alliance. On 18 May 2016, Singapore Airlines established Budget Aviation Holdings, a holding company to own and manage its budget airlines Scoot and Tiger Airways following the delisting of Tiger Airways from the Singapore stock exchange. 

As new Boeing 787-8/9 arrived in 2015, scoot expanded operations in Asia and Australia. (Photo:Airliners.net)
✈Recent History and Growth

On 4 November 2016, Singapore Airlines announced that Tigerair would merge into Scoot. It would allow both airlines to achieve synergies in fare costs and revenues. The rebranding did not affect joint-ventures Tigerair Australia and Tigerair Taiwan. (As Tigerair Australia is 100% owned by Virgin Australia whilst Tigerair Taiwan is co-owned by China Airlines, 80%, and its subsidiary Mandarin Airlines holding the other 20%). 

On 25 July 2017, Tigerair was officially merged into Scoot, using Tigerair AOC, but retaining the 'Scoot' brand. Following the merger, in 2017, Scoot announced that it would launch flights to five more destinations: Harbin, Kuantan, Kuching, Palembang and Honolulu. The current planes from Tigerair were rebranded into Scoot flown under its new image after the merge, inheriting the Airbus A319 and A320 for the shorter routes. Under the new venture, Scoot also launched direct flights between Singapore and Berlin and Athens in 2018. 

In 2017, Scoot and Tigerair merged, inheriting the Airbus A320 from the former operator. (Photo:planespotters.net)

New deliveries of Airbus A320 Neo started in 2018 to replace older types and standardize the fleet around the Airbus A320 Neo for short haul operations and the Boeing 787 for the long haul operations. 

History source: Wikipedia.org

The newest aircraft for Scoot, is the Airbus A320 Neo from 2018. (Photo: Jetphotos.com)

Operations and Destinations 🌍:

Scoot's main base is located at Singapore main airport where it flies to 66 destinations across 19 countries and territories. The airline is operating under the umbrella of Parent company, Singapore Airlines. Also to mention is its subsidiary NokScoot, operating from Bangkok Don Mueang Airport. Its primarily business is aimed at the budget sector, with flights to many destinations now having been transferred from its parent airline, Singapore Airlines, to give passengers more choice of options when flying. Like a low cost airline, Scoot only provides the flight, with the additional cost of meals, luggage and additional services to be purchased separately. 

Scoot flies to the following destinations*:

Region 🗺️ Destinations 🌍🌎🌏
✈Singapore (domestic)
Dalian, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Jinan, Nanchang, Nanjing, Nanning, Ningbo, Qingdao, Quanzhou, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuxi, Xi'an, Zhengzhou
 ✈Asia (excluding China)Amritsar, Bangkok (BKK, DMK), Cebu, Chennai, Chiang Mai, Clark, Coimbatore, Denpasar, Dhaka, Hanoi, Hat Yai, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, Ipoh, Jakarta, Kalibo, Kaohsiung, Kota Kinabalu, Krabi, Kuala Lumpur, Kuantan, Kuching, Langkawi, Luang Prabang, Lucknow, Macau, Malé, Manila, Osaka, Palembang, Pekanbaru, Penang, Phuket, Sapporo, Seoul, Surabaya, Taipei, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tokyo, Vientiane, Visakhapatnam
 ✈EuropeBerlin, Athens
Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
 ✈The Middle East

*Destination list is for reference only. Please check directly with the airline for updates. 

*Note some destinations are only seasonal.*Correct info as of  Jan 2019.                               

Fleet ✈️:

After the merger of Tigerair in 2017, the fleet now comprises a mix fleet of single and double aisle aircraft ideally suited for the different flight sectors operated by Scoot  . Single aisle aircraft are operated by Airbus and double-aisle or wide-body aircraft by Boeing. The fleet counts with 49 aircraft at present. 


The fleet* of Scoot consists of the following aircraft: 

Network 🌐 Aircraft ✈️
✈Short haul Airbus A319, A320, A320 Neo (deliveries from 2018-25). (Future Boeing 737-800 transferred from Silk Air)
✈Medium and Long haulBoeing 787-8/9
*Correct fleet info as of  Jan 2019.      

Scoot Photo Slide 📷:​

Reviews ⭐:

 Competitive fares around Australasia. 👎 All tickets (short or long haul) only include hand luggage. (Need to pay for extras Baggage, Meals, Seats etc..)
New planes used on all routes, (Boeing 787-8/9 and Airbus A320 Neo)👎 Not part of the Star Alliance (Member of Value Alliance)
Reliable airline with good parent company backing (Singapore Airlines).