Planet Airlines; Travel and More
History:  Scoot, is created as a budget airline for Singapore Airlines, owned 100% by it's parent company but operating independently. In 2012, Scoot began its first flight to Sydney Airport in Australia. On 12 June 2012, Scoot started flying to Gold Coast, its second Australian destination. On 24 October 2012, Scoot announced that its parent company Singapore Airlines will be transferring the 20 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners they had on order to Scoot to replace their current fleet of Boeing 777-200s and help with its ongoing expansion and future growth.
On 31 January 2013, Scoot announced it would increase its fleet by taking delivery of a fifth Boeing 777-200. The airline has also introduced ScooTV streaming inflight entertainment for passengers and iPads for rent. On 21 March 2013, Scoot would launch a thrice-weekly Singapore-Taipei-Seoul flight come 12 June 2013.  On 15 November 2013, Scoot commenced its five-weekly flights from Singapore to Hong Kong, which would increase to daily services in December 2013. Later that year in December, Scoot commenced its five-weekly flights from Singapore to Perth.
In September 2014, Scoot announced the introduction of the 787-9s in Sydney, Perth and Hong Kong from 29 March 2015. 
On 16 December 2014, Scoot announced its new long haul carrier in Thailand, NokScoot, a joint venture between Scoot and Nok Air. The new airline started commercial flights from Bangkok's Don Mueang airport in the second half of 2014. Nok Air owns 51% of NokScoot while Scoot will own the remaining 49%.On 2 February 2015, Scoot took delivery of its first of 10 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners the airline has on order. As Scoot continues to take deliveries of the Boeing 787, the airline expects to phase out all six of its aging Boeing 777 aircraft acquired from parent company Singapore Airlines. Scoot will then begin to transition to operating an all Boeing 787 fleet - the first in the world.
In April 2016, Scoot announced its intention to start flights to three Indian cities: Amritsar, Chennai, and Jaipur, subject to regulatory approvals. 
On 4 November 2016, parent company of Scoot, Singapore Airlines announced a merger of Tigerair and Scoot with Tigerair coming into the Scoot brand.The merger will be completed in end-2017, while the re-branding will leave the joint-venture Tigerair Australia and Tigerair Taiwan intact as Tigerair.
As the markets move on and the parent company looks to gain more profitable markets, it was announced that the latest route would see Athens being served now by Scoot from Singapore with B-787. 


Operations: Scoot has it's main base at Singapore International Airport, operating under the umbrella of Parent company, Singapore Airlines. It's subsidiary NokScoot, operating from Bangkok Don Mueang Airport. It flies to most East Asian destinations, including Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. it also operated to Australia (Sydney, Melbourne and Perth) and it's latest route to Europe (Athens).
Fleet:  Scoot operates an all Boeing fleet of new B787-800 and B787-900 Dreamliners. (Widebody operated all all routes).

Personal Reference:

          
 Competitive fares around Autralasia. Need to pay for extras when buying tickets (Baggage, Meals, Seats etc..)
 New planes used on all routes, with Boeing B787-800/900 Dreamliners. Not part of the same alliance as Singapore Airlines (Star Alliance)
 Reliable airline with good parent company backing (Singapore Airlines).

Scoot Photoshow: